Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pink is soo the new red!

Well it will be in my household for Christmas this year. Who needs red and green, when pink and green is way more fun and exciting!?

So Christy's Christmas Crafty Creation (try sayin that 5 times fast! haha) this year was Christmas stockings. Now, when I envisioned a Christmas stocking in pink and green the thoughts of "How would Lilly Pulitzer do it?"came to mind since she has the most awesome brightly colored fabrics. So after dropping a small fortune on some super cute fabric, the time for designing a cute stocking began. I needed some inspiration and thanks to Google and Neiman Marcus, I found some.

The winning look I decided to attempt to recreate for our Christmas this year was this awesome MacKenzie-Childs' Christmas stocking. While I knew I couldn't make something as cute and festive as this $78 stocking, I was sure going to try.
The hard part was creating my own pattern and piecing the pieces together but after that those sewing classes I took this summer finally paid off (well with the assistance of my sewing pro madre) Costing less than $40 of fabric, ribbon, and accessories (and still half left over) and the man hours I put in I made three pretty cute Christmas stockings if I must say so myself . But pretty much anything is cute with a little ric-rac, pom-poms, bows, ruffles, and polka dots!
Let the Christmas season begin!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment