Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My body is buggin!

If you look at me now it would probably be hard to imagine me being any chubbier than I already am. But in 2005 I was actually at my highest weight. At that point I decided I had to take my life in my hands, and gradually over the course of a year and a half I lost around 65 pounds. From then on I fluctuated around the same 10 pound weight for almost 2 years. I was still chubby but I was pretty happy with the way I looked.

Unfortunately sometime this spring (I dunno if it was the all you can eat cruise I went on in February that kicked all this off or what) but something happened and I lost all concern for staying at that happy place I had been holding onto. I was just so tired of working, counting, and eating low fat foods. But now I get on the scale and the numbers that keep growing higher and higher are haunting me. I don’t want to become that person I knew in 2005. The sad truth is now I am only about 38 pounds away from my heaviest.

My heaviest, skinniest, and NOW:

I want my old wardrobe back, I want the thinner face back, I want the confidence back! So I have decided to do something about it. This time no fad 3-day diet or doing good Monday through Thursday to totally blow it on the weekend. So 2 weeks ago when making this decision I needed something fresh. I was so tired of counting point after point (weight watchers) and decided I need something new to motivate me towards reaching my new goals. After a little research I decided to do the Apex Fitness program and buy a bodybugg.

Now for those that are completely clueless as to what a bodybugg is I will give you a reader’s digest version. It is a band you wear on your left tricep that is 90% accurate at determining your caloric burn. If you have ever watched the show biggest looser, that black thing around there upper arm is what I am referring to. The Apex Fitness program is pretty much just a website that you upload your calories consumed and calories burned and much much more. The websites main focus though is taking the guessing out of your weight loss. Did you know that 1 pound of fat is 3500 calories and if you want to loose 1 pound every week you need to burn 500 calories more a day than you consume? Well neither did I…. This program enlightened my on the scientific side of weight.

This program is pretty easy concept to understand: burn more calories than you consume. When I was researching the program it was like reading déjà vu of a first (and last) date I had with this guy. (Bringing up a woman’s weight is a no no in the first place, and especially with one that has always struggled with it.) Anyways, we got into this heated discussion where he told me basically I made myself fat. It’s called input versus output…..Literally those words came out his mouth on our first date. But no matter how much those words hurt then the fact is it is actually the truth (even if genetics isn’t on your side).

So today was my first official week on the program. I set up my program last Tuesday evening to aim to loose 2.5 lbs per wee . My program was to eat 1350 calories and ensure a burn of at least 2600 calories a day. No problem, and today when I weighed, I had lost exactly 2.5 pounds (coincidence or not I was pleased and now I am 40.5 lbs from my my highest!). This upcoming week though I think I am going to change things up due to the fact there is so much error in actual calorie consumption. Every bite, nibble, or chew has calories and on this program every one matters. I am aiming for 3 pounds this upcoming week, which mean calorie consumption of 1350 and a burn of 2880 calories/day.

This time around I am serious and to prove it to you I will be making periodic updates on my weightloss and if nothing else maintenance. No more of this gaining weight crap, even if the holidays are coming up!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good Job! After Friday, I am back on track too! Hopefully, I have maintainted the last 2 weeks so it won't be too bad, but I haven't actually checked. You are doing great! p.s. i don't remember you ever looking like that first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I don't want anyone to remember me like that! haha

    ReplyDelete