Thursday, November 5, 2009

Guilt Free Must Haves!

Being the good Samaritan that I am, I am going to pass along to you my favorite guilt free must-haves because anyone watching their weight definitely needs to incorporate these foods into their life.

First and foremost is spray butter. For those that know me, you understand that spray butter is a must have for me. It is good on just about anything and is supposedly calorie free and fat free (basically liquid sodium) per 1-5 sprays (use in moderation or it isnt zero anymore... sad but true). Either way, liquid crack is what I like to call it. Trust me after you figure out how wonderful spray butter is, you will be doing the index finger work out on lots of different snacks and meals (you really can feel your finger burn after a certain number of sprays… you may want to consult your doctor before use. LOL)

Secondly, is wing sauce. While normally when you think of wing sauce the idea of fat full and calorie packed Buffalo hot wings come to mind, but the beauty of the topic is the sauce is the part that isn’t that bad for you. My brand of choice is _______(I'll have to get back with ya, it has slipped my mind at the moment) wing sauce and it is fat free and calorie free (per serving) and taste great! Put it on chicken, put it on a salad, or use it as a condiment for a sandwich. You can’t go wrong with a punch of spice that hides all the flavorlessness that is sometimes expected when you think of a healthy meal.

Laughing cow cheese is actually no laughing matter. It is dang right delish, and offered in regular or light choices in several different flavors. This is a new find and love for me even though it has been around for quite sometime. It is super rich in flavor, creamy, and is sooo in calories! Usually when I think of low-fat or fat free cheese I cringe a slight bit because you feel like you are eating “diet” food. Laughing Cow Cheese taste totally guilty and OHH the many ways to use it! (If any of you are curious of good ways to put this cheese to good use Hungry Girl and her cookbooks and recipes utilize this ingredient frequently! http://www.hungry-girl.com/ )

Everyone loves bagels, but if you are like me I refuse to eat them because I don’t think they are worth the cost (aka fat/calories), especially by the time you put some sort of spread on it. But I have found the solution= Western Alternative bagels. They are a bit smaller than traditional bagels but just as dense and chewy while only packing 110 calories. They come in quite the variety of flavors (white, wheat, blueberry, roasted onion, cinnamon…) and are just as satisfying as a regular bagel. It would take 4 or 5 alternative bagels to hit the same nutrition facts as 1 regular bagel… Now that is craziness. Who wouldn’t choose the alternative!? (no pun intended haha)

Last but not least is Cavendar’s All Purpose Greek seasoning. This is no diet food but it is just a seasoning. Can we say A-Mazing! It takes a boring low fat piece of fish or chicken and makes it a delicious masterpiece. It is also amazing on beef products too. Basically Cavendar’s should be everyone’s “secret ingredient” to making even the most ordinary foods amazing without a slam to your calorie count.

This list could go on but these are by far my favorite! Enjoy! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment