Thursday, November 26, 2009

The day of Thankfulness

I am in KY sitting in my dad's chair, belly full of Thanksgiving feast, my sister next to me playing the piano, dog sitting at my feet, and less than an hour ago my parent's house was full of family.... I can't help but to feel lucky.

Thanksgiving actually happens to be my favorite holiday. I am one of those sappy individuals that lives up this kind of holiday. I take this opportunity to reflect on everything in my life that I am thankful for. While I am thankful for a good job, a roof over my head, a car to drive, food on the table.... the number one thing I am thankful for this year is the people around me- All my family and my friends. And actually you know what? in my life those words are synonymous. My family are friends and my friends are my family....

My "friends"are my glue- They keep me together. When I am upset, they can tell just by the look on my face or the tone of my voice and know exactly what to do to make me smile. When I need someone to listen or advice they are the people I turn to. When I want to have a good time, they are the people I want to share it with. They don't judge me by the skeletons in my closest or knowing all my "crazy thoughts" haha... They seem to love me for me. I am thankful to be blessed with such amazing friends! Even if my life were bare of all the extra things in life, my friends would make my life full.

"To the world you may just be somebody, but to somebody you may just be their world." I want to thank each and everyone of my friends for making my world! :o)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment