Saturday, November 21, 2009

The beginning of a new era...

It all started this year. My first close friend got married. 4 weddings(and several more invites) later this year, I got my first invitation to a baby shower. That is when I realized I have officially began a new era of my life. No longer am I in the "college" age group anymore. I am officially in the young adult category. This is just the beginning of many wedding invitations and baby showers.

When I expressed this thought one day to one of my older colleagues their answer was, "You go through 2 major stages in life. First it is weddings and babies. The next is funerals." I was well hey, thanks for being a debbie downer but it is the unfortunate truth.

I am happy being in this stage though. Nothing brings me joy like seeing my friends accept wedding vows and see all the love they have for each other. Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I think there is no greater gift to give someone than your undying devotion. And the babies.... gosh I am such a sucker for babies. I hadn't been to a baby shower since I was probably 10 with my mom and at the time I didn't truly appreciate them. So today when I went to my first official shower as an adult it was a whole new experience. Seeing the naivety of a mom-to-be at a shower and seeing the excitement mixed with fear across her face, it was just so innocent and precious. Plus mixed with all the adorable baby gifts, cakes, decor... Anything in miniature is cuter right? haha

Cheers to many more new beginnings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment