Thursday, October 1, 2009

Groundhogs Day....

Put your little hands in mine, Ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb. Babe, I got you babe.....Sometimes I wake up and I fill like Phil from the movie Groundhogs Day hearing that song go off every morning over and over..... I wake up, shower, get dressed, rush to work, sit there for 8 hours, go home, fill the evening with the same monotonous crap, go to sleep and then start all over. See even you just got bored reading about my life. But this feeling I am referring too.... I felt it today. It was like my life was deja vu or a rerun; the same food, same drama, same conversations, same people, the same work, the same EVERYTHING!

Groundhogs day is one of my favorite movies. Maybe it is because even though I know there is no way it's possible, somehow the movie puts how we, well I guess I, feel on the occasion in a 2 hour film based off living 1 day over and over. Phil originally looses the meaning of his life, feeling that living the same day over and over leaves him with no purpose in living anymore. But the story takes a turn and he decides to make something out of his 1 day; He makes new friends, works on improving his existing friendships, takes on new hobbies, and learns to appreciate all the good things that pass his way. When we get down and hit that point in life when we fill like a re-run this movie reminds me the importance of 1 single day in your life.

What I forgot to mention when I told you about my everyday life is all the parts that actually make my day.... The parts I forget about so often when I feel like Phil.
I forgot to mention taking sewing classes, or trying at least 1 new recipe a week, giving a dollar to the homeless man on the sidewalk and getting a hug, kickball, sorority alumnae club meetings, how happy I am when I get snail mail, having lunch with my work friends, book club, happy hour with my girls, having an hour long phone convo with my out of town friends, chatting with a cute boy, when my roommate's cat cuddles with me, talking to my mom everyday on the way home from work, baking cookies for coworkers, working out, smiling at someone to see them smile back....

Times like today is when I need to realize it's not just the big things in life that make it worth while, it is the every day normal things that paints the big picture and makes the picture worth the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment