Thursday, October 8, 2009

Promotion

I got very lucky when I graduated college to get offered a job in Nashville that I really enjoy. Coming from a business background in college and growing up in a rural community I was very fortunate to find a job that suited me. (Let's just say I definitely can't see any of my girl friends doing my job). And while yes, I am probably the most girly person in the office I think my background balances my personality with the work at hand. I enjoy coming to work every day facing my daily tasks and adding new ones, and I honestly miss my co-workers when I am absent-I hope they would say the same about me! :o) With that said I am proud to announce.... DRUM ROLL please!!! I got a promotion!


I see alot of my friends take jobs they can't stand and end up resenting their lives for doing something they don't enjoy. They dread getting up in the morning, going to work, and get through the day just so they can have the few hours they have after work and the weekends to live their lives. I am so thankful that is not the case for me. I get up and almost every day I roll into work with a big smile on my face ready to face the day. (trust me those not so morning people always stay away from me!) I have a job that offers me new challenges every day, that has a great mission and values, recognizes my accomplishments as an employee, my company serves as some of my closest friends and basically my family here in Nashville and I truly feel honored to work for my organization!

1 comment: