Friday, October 16, 2009

Ain't for sissies!

I would not describe myself as bendy, flexible or in shape by any means. So I dunno where I got the bright idea to do yoga. haha Last night I attended my first real yoga class (no those yoga classes I took in college where i giggled the whole time don't count...) I was thinking inner peace, mediation, working on my balance, relaxing..... What I learned last night is there is alot more to yoga than deep breathing and standing on one foot. I was by far the largest person in the class, and the ONLY person in the class that had no experience with yoga. The class focused on stretching, core strength, balance, and first and foremost breathing. It was a great learning experience. I learned my calves and shoulders were really tight muscles (boo for downward dog, which is supposed to be easy! haha) and that I was quite flexible in the hip region. I could feel my body tremble as I held some poses, could feel my muscles burn as they stretched more than like - ever, and I even broke a sweat. Yoga turned out to be much challenging than I ever thought possible, but in a good way. The instructor was awesome, helping me along the way and really motivated to want to come back. My thought is, I can only get better right!? Until next Thursday! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment