Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Back to reality


So last night was the end of my mini vacation. :o(

My mom and I spent a long weekend together in Boca Grande, Florida. It was just what the doctor ordered. Boca Grade if you don't know is a island on the south western side of Florida (about 2 hours south of Tampa). It is a small island and this time of year is considered off season. My mom and I basically had the place to ourselves. Not leaving the island but twice the whole weekend we had the most relaxing vacation possible. We rested, took a walk on the beach, watched TV, layed out, ate, read books, watched the sunset, we did whatever wanted to do. We basically turned both our cell phones off... Not many personal calls, no work phone calls, .... I took 4 days out of my "life", which I guess is exactly what a vacation is supposed to be.

I was glad to get some quality time hanging out with my mom. There is no pressure to be fun or to say the wrong or right thing. I can wear what I want, look ugly, talk about any subject or skeleton in my closet, just be me and it is totally fine. (You gotta love your mom for that unconditional love and acceptingness!) This weekend I got a break from responsibility, social pressures, my planner full of dates and activities....everything.

Bottom line, it was nice! Cheers to vacation/mental health days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment