Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Amber alert out for Christy

So as mentioned in previous posts I have been on a dating frenzy. Usually I am very smart about this. I am meeting boys I barely know and let’s be honest…. They could be killers, rapists, psychos. So I usually tell my closest friends the boy’s name, where we are going, what the agenda is. Sometimes I even send an update mid-way through just to keep them posted.

Anyways last night, very spur of the moment, I took up a guy up on his invitation to have drinks. My roommates weren’t home when I left so I just went on my business and headed out for drinks. It didn’t cross my mind that they would be worried when they got home and realized I wasn’t there and had no idea where I was.

Initial problem was boy and I didn’t even meet for drinks until 9 pm, so the date ended quite late. Plus, I have a very good track record of keeping people posted on my whereabouts (thank you I phone)- so it was unlike me to not tell anyone. I was just asking for someone to freak. I love my friends so much for caring so much. When not returning home by 11 and not answering the phone (I honestly didn’t hear it ringing in my purse) my loving roommates called friends, hospitals, jails, the bowling alley (I had bowling league after work yesterday) and my family to try to locate me just in case something bad had happened to me.

I could not ask for better friends. I can’t explain how good it makes you feel when you know someone cares so much, even if I had to scare them to death in the process. Thanks ya’ll! Love you lots and just know if I pull a stunt like this again, I’m not crying wolf. I learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment