Monday, January 18, 2010

3 dates, 3 days, 3 dudes

So over the weekend I went on 3 dates, within 3 days, with 3 different dudes. (try saying that 5 times fast! Haha). What better way to get over someone, or get over loneliness than to find someone new right?

Date 1- The stage 5 clinger: We will call him J. J took me to Teavana in the Green Hills mall. Me, being completely tea illiterate thought this was a really cool, first date. We sampled lots of teas, looked around the little shop and finally picked our drink choices. This guy was very forward and within an hour and a half he was holding my hand and kept reiterating that he didn’t understand how I was single. He seemed very insecure about it actually and mentioned at least 3 times he didn’t think I would want to see him again. He was cute, but obviously a bit on the dwebby side (high school band teacher says it all). Either way, he came off as a really nice guy. We ended the night after about 2 and a half hours. Then the crazy started coming out. He texted me and texted me and texted me. He texted me to the point I was severely turned off. Date #2 is up in the air… I haven’t decided yet.

Date 2-Fun and flirty: This was actually my 4th date with “B” as we will call him. We always seem to have a really good time. He is tall and cute and is just a very manly kind of guy. (what can I say, I am a sucker for that). We actually went on a double date with my bestie and her boyfriend to Dave & Busters. Talk about the perfect date place. You can enjoy a beer while playing every game known to man. The perfect place for laughter and flirting. It was a lot of fun! The only part of the date I didn’t enjoy was when he told me he hated Taylor Swift! Haha But that is just a minor detail, we will definitely be going out again… Date #5 TBD! :o)

Date 3- Average Joe: G is the epitome of what you would consider a nice guy. He planned everything before our date. I love a man that can take control and is actually a planner (those are hard to come by these days!) He showed up with a pink rose and was quite the gentlemen. We ate dinner downtown at The Old Spaghetti Factory. He too was on the bit of the nerdy side. Now don’t get me wrong I appreciate that quality but in moderation. Conversation was kind of dry and proper but luckily we went to Zanies Comedy Club after to break up the monotony. He wanted to go out after Zanies but I turned down the offer just due to the fact I was exhausted. While I know he likes me, I am unsure of this one. I hate to say it since I have been told this soo many times, but I think we may be better friends. But I think he definitely deserves a second date.

It’s funny to me that I let myself get down about being single so much when honestly I am actually the reason I am single. I don’t believe in dating someone to pass time and I think I expect too much. I know what it feels like to have an amazing chemistry with someone. To get off a date and think, could this be the person that changes my life as I know it? And I am not willing to settle for less in that regard. I just want a best friend to share life with that makes me have butterflies. Someone I want to wake up and be “I can’t imagine my life without them!” . That’s all! Shouldn’t be that hard to find right!? Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment