Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Reading Between the Wines

Once a month I meet with a group of girls for a book club. It's called Reading Between The Wines and entails congregating around food, several bottles of wine and banter about the book of the month (or actually girl talk, gossip, and stories... haha)
This month our book was Step On A Crack by James Patterson.
It was my first James Patterson experience and the beginning of a new character series for the author- Michael Bennett. I give James a thumbs up (not two, but definitely one). I loved his short chapters, the variation of characters point of view of the same situation, and its page turning qualities. While I wasn't compelled to sit and read the book in one sitting, I most certainly enjoyed every chance I got to sit and read. Most of the time I love a good love story intermingled into the plot line but this one was quite the opposite. Luckily Patterson sets up future books in the series to have a potential romantic twist with this emotional main character. I am looking forward to the next book in the series. Now just have to find time to read it!!!

Next months club book is still TBD, but it's looking like the host is going to pick a female biography. Non-fiction always proves to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment