Thursday, September 3, 2009

People watching

So one of my favorite past times is people watching. Whether it's starring at hideous clothing, ugly people, really pretty people, couples, kids, whatever.. I love to anaylze little details and put myself in their shoes. What are they doing? What are they talking about? Are they happy, sad, sick, ect? One of my favorite place to do my people watching is the car. Yesterday I was at a stoplight (after my unfortuanate visit with the laser demons) and was stopped at a stop light. I look to the car left of me and it was a middle aged man and woman in a large SUV. Both of them just starred straight forward. No talking. No emotion. Both just peered off into the distance. I couldn't help but feel sorry for them. I never sit in the car and just not talk (even if i am alone haha)... Was their marriage doomed, are they even married? Wonder if they just had a big fight? I dunno what their story was but for some reason it made me feel grateful. I have a wonderful life. While there are a couple things that have been major challenges for me I deal with day to day, generally I am very blessed. At that moment in the car, i was listening to good music, just got off the phone with my wonderful mother, and was headed home to relax. Thank you God for making me a happy person (most of the time ;o) ) and PS please bless the sad people in the car with a smile, happiness, or just a friendly thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment