Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chacos should come in PINK!

One word that most people most likely would not use to describe me is outdoorsy. I never had parents that took us on outdoor adventure vacations or had friends that enjoyed hiking, camping, rock climbing… that kind of thing. Even though I have camped, fished, gone kayaking/rafting, spelunking, and hiking in my 24 years, I probably am more of the girly type. Those types of adventures are usually very far and in between. When I think of things that are fun I think of getting my nails done, shopping, and my idea of outdoorsy is laying out by the pool or boating on the lake.

I haven’t done any outdoor adventures since college. Once college was over I threw away my teva’s and hiking boots and haven’t really looked back since (that 6 mile hike up a volcano in the Caribbean was like the worst and best day of my life. Shocked I lived through it!)

Anyways, this weekend a group of friends that takes an annual rafting trip for the 4th of July invited me. I love rafting. It gets my adrenaline pumping and it isn’t one of those outdoorsy sports that exhausts me physically. I went into a Cumberland Transit, an outdoor sporting goods store here in Nashville, to get a few things for the trip. There were lots of people in there and I was very intrigued by this one middle aged couple that was planning on hiking the grand canyon. I chatted them up and at that moment in time I was completely jealous. I wanted to be cool like that. I wanted to wear adventure wear, wear adventure shoes, be a hippy and carefree and love to roam the earth. I wanted to try rock climbing and repelling again. I wanted to hike the hills of Tennessee…. But I guess I will start one step at the time. Rafting the Ochee River again this weekend!

Totally adding some new things to my to do list!

2 comments:

  1. I know that its super expensive, but I think we should all start saving up for a Grand Canyon rafting trip in the next couple of years! I had such a blast on my trip and I can't wait for a chance to do it again! If you want outdoorsy, then this is what you need to try! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your parents did outdoor stuff to me. Kayaking, canoeing, high ropes, rapelling, rafting, working on a farm, etc...
    =)

    ReplyDelete