Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Perfectly Lonely

So its official-I have been single for exactly 1 year. One year ago today, June 22nd, I broke up with my last boyfriend - Stephen.
Kinda crazy it has been that long! But it's all good because most of the time "I'm Perfectly Lonely" as John Mayer put so nicely in one of his latest albums. Anyways, today I am going to celebrate being single!

Great reasons to be single:
*Don't have to worry about anyone but yourself when making plans
*You don't have to share if you don't want to
*The only insecurities you have to deal with are your own
*More time to spend with friends and building better relationships with others
*Easier to focus on you and what you want: Career, dreams, fitness, hobbies
*Don't have to worry about someone cheating on you
*You never have to worry about whether or not the person you are with really likes you or is about to dump you
*Can spend all your extra cash on just YOU!
*Don't have to compromise or get used to any one's annoying habits
*And the best of all: You can do whatever you want!

I'm gunna leave with a few lyrics from good ole' John because it really is exactly how I feel today! Embrace your "status" in life!


Nothing to do
Nowhere to be
A simple little kind of free
Nothing to do
No one but me
And that's all I need
I'm perfectly lonely
I'm perfectly lonely
I'm perfectly lonely (Yeah)
'Cause I don't belong to anyone
Nobody belongs to me
And this is not to say
There never comes a day
I'll take my chances and start again
And when I look behind
On all my younger times
I have to thank the wrongs that led me to a love so strong

No comments:

Post a Comment