Thursday, February 4, 2010

Car Wreck

So I am 24 and finally had my first wreck. I was always concerned that since I had never been involved in an accident that when I did have one it was going to horrible but luckily I was wrong. It’s kind of ironic that Nashville just had its equivalent of a blizzard and I drove my little 4 banger Honda around during all of it (unfortunately I had to come into work) and was just fine. No accidents, nothing. So finally when the conditions finally got back to normal, I get in a wreck. Go figure. Anyways, it was in rush hour traffic a silly driver pulled out right in front of me. I side t-boned his car, his car did a 360 and then he hit me in the rear. I was going less than 30 mph and the airbags didn’t go off. Luckily no one was hurt (besides a bump on my knee) except our poor cars. The man was very apologetic, said he was in a hurry…. But what I didn’t realize is having the wreck almost seems to be the easy part when there are no injuries. Getting all this insurance biz naz figured out just makes me frustrated.

Everyone be careful out there. Not getting involved in an accident has nothing to do with how good of a driver you are. There are lots of crazies out there!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are okay and the only severe damage is to the front of your car. I have been in a much worse accident (5th grade) where they had to cut me out of the car - so you are very lucky. I guess this will teach the guy who was in a hurry that being a cautious driver will end up getting him places in time, rather then being a reckless one and dealing with the police after an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact that I have to find out about your accident through facebook and your blog....glad you are ok!

    ReplyDelete