Friday, February 26, 2010

And they wonder why they get a bad wrap!

I had pretty much given up on the whole dating scene but apparently last weekend I got the urge to text message several random men in my phone. I got texting a guy I met only once last spring. His mom is in my sorority’s alumnae club here in Nashville and he actually dated someone I went to college with for 3 years. His dad owns his own company and this guy plans on following his father’s footsteps and taking on the family legacy. On top of it all, this guy was really cute, preppy yet country, and tall. You know I love the tall ones! Haha It all just seemed like a lot of pluses and I was willing to give him a second chance even though the first and last time we met turned out SO horribly. So this week we talked on the phone for hours, he apologized for how things ended last spring, we texted every day at work, and agreed we were going to meet up last night. I was really excited. I was like really when you stop trying, maybe it does all work out.

But on the phone Wednesday night when we were planning what we were going to do, things got weird. Before we got off he basically said why don’t we just hang out in my truck…. We can meet at McDonalds or something. I thought surely this guy wasn’t being serious and I said I would text time tomorrow with what I think we should do. I was already apprehensive about seeing him again just for the sheer fact the first time we met ended with me crying and screaming so I felt he had a lot to prove to me, but I figured he was surely just kidding about the “truck hangout” and so end of night, I was still excited. OHHH how wrong was I! So here is the texting convo we had yesterday afternoon.

Me: How about flying saucer at 730?

Him: I thought we were just meeting and talking in my truck.

Me: Sorry I really don’t feel comfortable with that

Him: Why?

Me: I deserve to be treated like a lady, and taken to a respectable place as opposed to hanging out in your car.

Him: I don’t do dating.

Me: Well I guess we are looking for different things then.

Him: I guess

Me: So I leave the decision up to u. Either we meet up in public or I guess we can go in our separate ways. Hope you can respect that.

Him: Babe that’s a date. I don’t do that. I’m sorry. You are a great girl though.

Me: Okay if that’s your call.

Him: Alright

HAHAHAHAH SERIOUSLY!? Did that really just happen to me?

1 comment:

  1. Geez....what kind of generation of "boys" are we raising these days! What a pig!

    ReplyDelete