Thursday, February 18, 2010

Music to my ears!

One of the things I enjoy the most in life is music. I always have music playing at work, in my car, my computer at home (and singing aloud, sorry folks!)…. I pretty much always surround myself with music. Unfortunately, I was not blessed with the talent of being a singer or musician. Yes, I can carry a tune and play the piano (kinda), but nothing that reflects the amount of singing or piano lessons I took throughout my childhood. Luckily, I think that aspect of my childhood really opened me to deep respect and envy for the people that do have those skills. Anyways, I consider myself to kind of have a lyrical soul. That mixed with my love for music equals for a great taste in music…. Well in my opinion. Haha The past 2 weeks I have gone to 3 concerts (thank you music city) that have been GREAT!

Concert 1- Safety Suit: One of my favorite Nashville based bands that have been signed. It is a boy band that can seriously rock out! They have one of the best live performances in terms of quality of music and energy. The group is a good group of Christian dudes, that keep things clean, have lyrics that reach the crowd and clearly love their job of entertaining. If you haven’t heard their music, check it out or even better go to one of their shows!

Concert 2- John Mayer: I guess there is no way that JM’s concert could be bad. Chill atmosphere, beautiful songs, extremely lyrical soul, and he is just plain out sick when it comes to playing guitar. It was my first JM concert and I was not let down.

Concert 3- Brandi Carlile: A voice like I have never heard before in my life: So different yet SO amazing. She makes her country/folk sound sound so easy, and honestly I think she was even better live than she is on her album if that is possible. Her music is just so raw, heart felt, deep, and emotional and pulls on the heart strings of everyone in the audience. I left feeling inspired and passionate. Still do!

I love that Nashville has a great music scene. Always on the look out for new artists and great tunes so pass them along if you have any! Also, there are a couple shows I unfortunately wasn’t able to snag tickets for: David Grey and Amos Lee…. both coming soon. If you know anyone with an extra tickets PLEASE let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment