Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dwelling in possibilty.....

When I graduated college, one of the first things I did was make what I call, "my life to-do list". Since June 2007 I have kept a spiral bound notebook in my desk at work with the possibilities that could be my life. Every year, I make new realistic additions (okay yes I would love to go to the Greek Isles, but right now that just isn't realistic to me) and throughout the year I mark off my accomplishments and add the date completed. They are not listed in the order in which I want to complete them, but they are just listed yearly by the new things I want in life as I grow older and mature.

Now of coarse, lose weight, get in shape, get a boyfriend, and get rich seem to be the ongoing project for my life but I do honestly know there is so much more to life than that. I want to live life, not dream about living it. So to commemorate the beginning of 2010 tomorrow I decided to share my personal bucket list.

2007
Wine Tasting - 10/4/2007
Eat at a fondue restaurant
Laser Hair removal - 8/28/2008
Join the Pi Phi Alumnae club - 9/23/2007
Painting or Photography classes
Buy new computer - Apr-08
Buy new couch - Aug-08
Buy new TV
Do a 5K - 11/4/2007
Go paint balling
Dinner Ride on the General Jackson
Nashville zoo
Titans game - Fall 2008
Predators Game - 9/20/2007
Frist Center - 11/10/2007
Camping in TN

2008
Go to the Jack Daniels distillery
Attend class at Viking Cooking School
Go to a Nascar Race
Start a blog - June 2008, and Aug 2009
Go to the Atlanta Dogwood Festival
Go to Cherry Blossom Festival
Parasail (sp?)
Ride a motor cycle
Go on a cruise - Feb-09
Go to Washington DC
Buy a house
Try surfing
Go to Mardi Gra - Sorta Feb 15th, 2009

2009
Get a professional massage Oct-09
Go to Arrington Vineyards
Take sewing classes May-Aug 2009
Go to graduate school
Deep sea fish
Scuba Dive
Tailgate at a football game 11-Oct-09
Ride in a hot air balloon

2010
Go fly fishing
Visit Cheekwood botanical gardens
Go to an IMAX movie
Get lasik
Visit the Redwood Forrest
Become an Aunt :o)
Get a pet

I don't have any new year's resolutions this year. To me, I make (and break) new year's resolutions all year round. But I do think this season is a great time for personal reflection and offers me the opportunity to dwell in the possibility.

Happy NEW YEARS!!!! May everyone have a fun and safe night!


No comments:

Post a Comment