Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tatts

Most likely if you have ever met me you could probably make a pretty good guess at whether or not you think I have a tattoo. If you guess no, you're wrong. I actually have... ha got ya, just kidding i actually have no tattoos.

Tattoos are just not my thing but as someone that appreciates art, I do find the artistic value of MOST tattoos intriguing. When I see someone with a tattoo I begin twenty questions: Did it hurt? Why did you choose that? Why did you put it there? Why did you pick that color, ect....

I know if i ever (no Dad, i wont but if I ever did...) I know mine would have to be something inspirational, something that was for my eyes only, something so sacred to me I would literally be willing to commit to it for the rest of my life. No goofy cartoon, flower or Chinese symbol (or any other foreign language I can't read. Honestly why put a language that is illegible to you on your body? At that point you just have to have faith the tattoo artist didn't actually stamp Dumb Ass on your arm and tell you it means whatever in X language... ) But I honestly don't think I will ever find anything that will fit my standards 100% plus I hate needles!
Anyways, recently in the tabloids was the report of Miley Cyrus and also the news of Rhianna's recent tattoos. While I think Miley should wait until she is a bit older, I still respect her tattoo. She got "Just breathe" underneath her left breast. It is discrete, was only visible to the paparazzi when her arms were raised while wearing a bikini and she chose an inspirational phrase written in black. Much classier of a tattoo than i would have ever guessed a 15 year old pop star would have gotten.


I was also shocked by Rhianna's choice. She is apparently quite the tattoo aficionado including tattoos of stars, guns, ect... nothing i really cared for but her new tattoo struck a cord with me and I actually like it. She had what she calls her motto for life inked in classy cursive font in gray, written backwards on her clavicle so when she looks in the mirror she can read it. She clearly didn't get this tattoo for anyone but herself to enjoy and now "Never a failure, Always a lesson" will be part of her and something she will be reminded of every time she looks at herself. I think it is just very cool she took an unconventional approach to tattooing and really made it more of a personal reminder for her as opposed to the typical decorative tattoo.


Anyways, if you are reading this and have a tramp stamp or a Chinese symbol tattoo-My bad. I honestly meant no offense. Everyone has their reason for how they express themselves, whether it be fashion, speech, blog, and for many-tattoos. Our physical appearance holds so much value in the world today. I just find it interesting the way others choose to express themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment