Monday, November 1, 2010

Calorie burn on the rise!

Today I write a post because I am proud of myself. As I mentioned a couple posts ago I started a fitness boot camp on 11th of October. I have been monitoring pretty close on my body bugg to see how many calories I have been burning and also trying to keep my caloric intake around 1500ish calories. Some days better, some days worse. Bodybugg is all about monitoring the calorie deficiency, the higher the deficiency, supposedly the more lbs you will loose. Unfortunately, I have not seen the scale budge (YET) but I can definitely tell I am getting stronger and I swear I thought my pants felt a teeny bit bigger this weekend. (Who knows, it could totally be all psychological).

My current motivation has been beating my sister. Haha. Her highest caloric burn was ~3400 calories. The first week of boot camp I just couldn’t get those kind of burns. Boot camp is a lot more strength training than cardio. The first week I was so sore I couldn’t even fathom adding any other type of exercise. But as my body got acclimated I worked until I beat her highest burn. It is a very hard feat for me to beat. Even on days I work out for 2 hours I still only burn a little over 3000. The key i have found is getting the burn up during the day. If I do a couple walks throughout the day and also pair boot camp with zumba I get really close to the 3400 mark. Below is a graph of my daily burns. The days that show less that 2000 calories are days I did not wear my body bugg.

As you can see there is a very high caloric burn on Saturday. I am sooo proud. I hit an all time high of ~3850 calories.That’s what staying up late, working out, and being able to get out and about during the day will do to you. Now the sad part about Saturday, I probably ate/drank that many calories (or more-totally just cringed as I typed that out!). But at least I know with the added work outs that I probably kept myself from gaining (as much as I normally would have) this weekend, and that means a lot on a holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment