Monday, October 25, 2010

Taylor Swift

If you consider me a friend, most likely one thing you have come to realize about me is that I have an inner tween. My inner tween (I should totally come up with a nickname for her haha) likes things like doodling hearts, squiggles, whatever while she is in work meetings, believes in fairy tales to some degree (she is def the naive side of me), can 100% be a drama queen about EVERYTHING, and of coarse loves pop music coming from the “now” prostitots (as I like to call youngster wild childs) such as Miley Cryus, Justin Beiber, and her favorite - Taylor Swift. Being an avid follower since she was a senior in college, Inner Tween has been anxiously awaiting the release of the new album “Speak Now” since she heard it was coming out a few months back. Yes, she downloaded the pre-release songs, and yes, downloading the album was the first thing she did this morning, and yes, she has been listening to it all day.

Why Inner Tween loves Taylor Swift. She writes her own music. And not only does she write catchy, relatable songs, but Taylor is brutally honest. She doesn’t hold anything back. In her latest album she has songs written about John Mayer, Kayne West, and Taylor Lautner. I can use her songs as something for me to relate to for my life, but she also offers insight into her life. I think that is exceptionally cool since so many famous people are quite the opposite. No Taylor may not have the best voice, but she makes up for her lack of singing ability with enthusiasm. She is good on the guitar and good at song writing and LOVES her fans. She didn’t go off the sluttly deep end like Britney or Miley (even though I love both of them too). She has represented herself with integrity and I hope she continues to do so. Last comment to make about Inner Tween’s love. Taylor fully believes in the fairy tale in her songs. And while my adultness begs to differ with these childish theories, my inner dreams are based on hope, and Taylor is just food for those hopes and dreams. AKA she makes me feel like there is something worth wishing for, even if real life Christy is a Debbie (Debbie doubter, that is).

Anyways, check out the new tunes. Hopefully you will enjoy them as much as I have! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment