Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Recipe of the week-Apple Cinnamon Muffins

After vowing to not bake again until Christmas, I ended up caving last night. I broke my baking streak with a new low fat muffin recipe I recently came ac cross. Since it is fall and the season for apples, I figured a nice cinnamon, appley muffin would fit nicely into my food agenda. I was a bit scared though because there were several ingredients which I have not cooked with frequently like whole wheat flour, apple sauce and splenda.

But to my pleasant surprise the muffins were delish! They were super moist, sweet, I loved the chucks of apples in them and only ONE weight watcher point. The whole wheat flour didn't bother me one bit and the only qualm I sort of have is I can taste the fact I used splenda, so I may reduce the amount used by just a bit next time. I did replace 1% milk with skim milk, but other than that I followed the recipe exactly.

Cinnamon Apple Muffins

Ingredients
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup Splenda or other sweetener
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
2/3 cup 1% milk
3 small apples (peeled, cored, and chopped)

Directions

* Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
* lightly spray muffin pan with cooking spray
* Mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, splenda, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl
* In a separate, small bowl, mix together the applesauce, egg, and milk.
* Pour applesauce mixture into flour mixture and stir until just blended (don't over-stir); fold in apples
* Spoon mixture into muffin pan
* Bake 25 minutes

Makes 12 muffins....1 muffin = 1 serving

Number of Servings: 12

-------------------------
Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 85.7
Total Fat: 0.9 g
Cholesterol: 18.4 mg
Sodium: 190.2 mg
Total Carbs: 19.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
Protein: 2.9 g

No comments:

Post a Comment