Sunday, May 16, 2010

Get them while supplies last

One of my co-workers got married this past weekend and always when someone around you gets married there is lots of "marriage" talk. During all this marriage talk the topic came up about how good women are hard to find these days.... If you find a good one, lock them down, there aren't that many good ones left. Ect..... They just kept going, digging their hole deeper. I just was like Really? is this happening?

Now keep in mind hopefully while this conversation was going on they were not thinking about how this topic made me feel. I'm mean honestly I don't think my coworkers would ever think of me as a bad catch but it made me wonder what they must think of me since I have been single pretty much the whole time I have worked with them, with basically no true prospects.

But what do men really think about females relationship status'. Obviously men are very competitive people and maybe this is the root of the whole issue.In a man's head, if a girl is a catch, she shouldn't be single in theory. If a girl is single, there must be a reason right?

If this concept is true, could it explain why guys fight over the same girls? Why some girls are able to go from one relationship to the next so easily but why other girls are serially single?
It's like this vicious cycle. The same girls always end up playing varisy, while the others sit the bench.

No man is ever going to fess up to this, and hopefully this is just a crazy theory I cooked up in my head. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Well you can't speak for all men. Just as we come in all shapes and sizes, so do our opinions. But what do I think of modern dating (not just how it relates to women)? The Internet has screwed everyone as we view the world like a online dating website (think POF or OKcupid). We have people approach us (or we approach them) and you can see in the other person's eyes that they start judging you upfront and regardless of how much you may be compatible, you will never be PERFECT. And if you aren't perfect, there are always other people/profiles to look over. And all the while a few good picks get thrown out with the bad ones because everyone seems to have unrealistic standards.

    A woman's single status isn't a big deal. But if she is talking about "No good one's left" or "Men just want to play games" or anything close, I think she has unrealistic standards and is looking for a knight on a white horse in a automobile world.

    ReplyDelete