Sunday, May 16, 2010

Crafty Creations

With a new home, comes many Christy creations...
First project was a custom made shower curtain. Due to the fact my shower curtain rod is 7 ft high as opposed to the standard 6- ft the selection of attractive curtains were limited. Solution= sew one myself! This project took me forever, and by the end of this sewing project my dining room looked like a sweat shop and I felt like a factory worker. haha. Not only did I find sewing such a huge heavy piece of fabric a bit challenging, but it was also my first experience using/installing grommets. But in the end I think the shower curtian came out better than I hoped and I am very proud of this creation!
Final Project:
Fabric Swatch:Second project: curtains and pillows for my den. I have a couple maroon pieces of furniture my parents gave me and I wanted to play down the color a bit. I found fabric that I thought was fun, feminine, and colorful that incorporated lots of colors, including the maroon color of my furniture. The curtains were SUPER simple, and they look it. Nothing great about them... Probably the least favorite thing about my den are the curtains-but they work. I also made pillows to match. I wanted to make these look nicer since I was so disappointed with my curtains. One way I knew to do that was to match the fabric with a nice trim. While these pillows were not cheap to make in the end, they are exactly what I wanted. I'm happy with how the turned out.

As of now that are the only sewing projects I have tackled. I know more projects will come up. Right now I am playing around with a little bit of gardening for the first time.... We'll see how that one turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment