Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Backsplash

If you know me and my house, you know there is little or never times when I don't have some sort of house project or work that needs to be completed. My latest project has been installing a new back splash in my kitchen. Originally I thought it would be fun to take on the tasks of learning how to install a tile back splash myself but when it came down to it I didn't think I could take on the task A)without dropping alot of cash and B) most likely messing it up (costing me even more money!) haha. Just memories of my bathroom remodel and how many times they had to tear out their tile made me cringe... and they were considered professionals!

Before
So I found a decent alternative- Thermoplastic Panels. It was fairly cheap and after watching a few instructional videos on YouTube I thought it was going to be super easy. BigCat and I worked two nights in a row. What sounded easy... cutting out plastic panels and taping them up turned into a long but in my opinion a super fun experience to share together.


During

Lessons we learned: 1) Don't start a home improvement project at night... by 10:30 your mind and motor skills are shot. 2) Nothing is as quick and easy as you expect and 3) there will be accidents. Prime example is BigCat getting electrocuted by my stove. LOL

Finished Product

No comments:

Post a Comment